Business Development Representative
Toronto, Ontario, Canada . full-time . September 22, 2022
At Cardata, our goal is to simplify the administrative and financial burdens experienced by companies with employees on the road. We partner with our customers to find the easiest and most cost-effective solution, using best-in-class technology, to reimburse their employees for using their personal vehicles for work.
We are looking for an energetic individual with a can-do attitude that is eager to kick off their sales career and join our team as a Business Development Representative.
Who You Are
As a BDR, you will be at the forefront of our lead-generation efforts. Working alongside our Business Development Manager and others on the sales and BDR teams, you'll generate a pipeline of qualified leads that are eager to get their vehicle reimbursement program off the ground. You'll have an amazing opportunity to kick-off your sales career in a growing tech-company and receive mentorship from seasoned sales professionals.
You'll work in a flexible, autonomous environment that encourages employees to experiment, innovate and learn. As part of our team, you will be surrounded by supportive leaders and caring colleagues who are dedicated to taking on new challenges, focusing on the customer, and working as a team to achieve success.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leverage our tools and tech stack to identify potential clients, key stakeholders, and build prospect lists for outreach
- Proactively reach out to prospects through highly targeted and strategic outbound calls and emails
- Conduct discovery calls to drive new sales pipeline by converting prospects to sales-qualified leads (SQLs) and booking meetings for our Account Executives
- Create a great first impression on prospects by delivering a platinum-level experience
- Maintain active engagement with leads through creative and personalized follow-ups
- Track activities and maintain detailed notes in our CRM
- Stay up-to-date with new products and services offered by CarData
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Enthusiastic about pursuing a career in sales
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, with the confidence to cold call
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Highly organized, able to effectively manage time and multiple priorities
Why You’ll Love Working at Cardata
- Opportunity for career progression in a growing company
- Competitive salary + commission plan
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to work remotely
- 100% employer paid benefits
- Healthcare spending account
- Wellness spending account
- 15 days of vacation + additional time off throughout the year
- 3 pit-stop days (Cardata's version of mental health days)
Cardata is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be equally considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome to bring their authentic selves to work.
If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.