Toronto, Ontario, Canada . full-time . August 24, 2022
At Cardata, our goal is to simplify the administrative and financial burdens experienced by companies with employees on the road. We partner with our customers to find the easiest and most cost-effective solution, using best-in-class technology, to reimburse their employees for using their personal vehicles for work.
We're moving into the next chapter of our company's evolution and are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our growing team!
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll leverage your experience and expertise in software development to help take the Cardata product offerings to the next level! You’ll be a key member of the engineering team, developing front-end, back-end and database architecture with high-quality code, and seeing all projects through completely from conception to deployment. As a senior engineer, you’ll work alongside the CTO to mentor and guide junior team members, a great opportunity for anyone looking to grow their leadership skills and move into a Team Lead position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate in bi-weekly sprint planning and retrospective sessions to ensure developments are properly scoped and scheduled
- Develop frontend, backend and database architecture to execute on roadmap deliverables and help take our product to the next level
- Write and execute unit tests and document testing procedures to ensure high degree of product functionality
- Undertake custom development work based on client needs
- Develop and deploy APIs to effectively integrate the Cardata product with our clients’ existing enterprise systems
- Participate in code reviews of other team members
- Collaborate with the QA Analyst on troubleshooting of deployed code
- Collaborate with team members to troubleshoot and resolve issues and bugs
- Leverage your experience to mentor junior team members, share best-practices and provide guidance to others
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in software engineer role, with at least 5 years experience developing in a professional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to actively listen, take direction, and exercise empathy
- Skilled at scoping projects and planning, with the ability to manage time and organize resources
- Effective at building relationships with team members and collaborating cross-functionally
- Places value on delivering high-quality work
- Desire to learn and contribute to the growth and development of others
- Understanding of database technology (MySQL/MariaDB) and queuing technology
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (ex. Zend, Laravel/Lumen)
Nice to have (but not necessary!):
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent educational experience (ex. Brainstation, Lighthouse Labs)
Why you’ll love working at Cardata:
Cardata provides you with a flexible, autonomous environment that encourages employees to experiment, innovate and learn. As part of our team, you will be surrounded by supportive leaders and caring colleagues who are dedicated to taking on new challenges, focusing on the customer, and working as a team to achieve success. Additionally, you will be provided with:
- Competitive salary + bonus plan
- Flexible working hours
- 100% employer paid benefits
- Healthcare spending account
- 15 days vacation plus additional paid time off
- 3 pit-stop days (Cardata's own version of mental health days!)
- Opportunity to work remotely
Cardata is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be equally considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome to bring their authentic selves to work.
If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.